Every season is welcomed at its arrival, however, it’s extremities are not really appreciated. It is because extremities affect Human health adversely as the human body is designed to be normal only under moderate conditions. Summers especially are harder to resist for Indians and hence, here are some tips to face summer.
First, we will know the Diseases caused due to the extreme heat and then learn their cures. Summers accompany problems like sunburns and strokes, Boils, sore throat, allergies and food poisoning. Sometimes dreadful diseases like typhoid, cholera, jaundice and dysentery are also caused in these hot days. Infections spread easily in summers due to which chicken pox and measles are also seen. Keeping in mind just the following easy home remedies can help you escape from these hazardous problems and keep you fresh and hygienic throughout summers.
1. First of all, summer is all about the sun. It’s all dry and so to prevent the dryness, you need to stay hydrated throughout. Water is the best medium of Hydrating your body throughout. Try to increase the liquid intake in your diet. Other drinks like lemonade, buttermilk, juices and coconut water can also help. Also, during summers, we live to have cool and sweet things but that does not mean we need to get a soda or juice every time we are thirsty. If you do so, it’s going to adversely affect you by increasing the auger content in your body leading to other diseases. So try to limit the intake of too many sodas and juices and prefer water over them.
2. Next thing after hydration is food. Try to eat fruits and fiber rich food more. The diet should usually be decreased as your digestive system slows down in summers. Try to drink more and eat less. You normally do not feel like having your meals and intend to skip but that can lead to faintness and acidity. You need to eat fiber rich food in summers.
3. Clothes, as far as summer is concerned, should be light weighed. Cotton clothes are the best summer wear. At least for the children, summer clothes should be the coolest and light weighed as they are on a continuous move regardless of seasons.
4. To avoid sunstrokes and tanning cover your skin with scarfs and hats when you go out during afternoons. Hair fall is also one of the problems largely faced during summers. So do not forget to cover your hair before going in the sun. Also for protecting your skin, use a good sunscreen or lotion to avoid tanning.
5. Exercise daily to keep you body strong and fit. Yoga is a must to be included in your daily exercise schedule to keep your body and mind calm and peaceful. The coolness of mind is equally important as that of the body. Yoga does that both. Try to meditate for at least 15-20 minutes per day.
6. Try to avoid outside foods in order to avoid stomach infections and food poisoning. Also, do not eat stale food as the Bacteria thrive in a warm and moist environment which increases the risks of infection and illness. Prefer fresh and homemade food over spicy outside one.
7. Try to be at a cool and calm place and avoid going out in the sun as much as you can. Avoid working in the sun and be under roof.
8. Proper rest is also necessary. Try to get home early from work and be with family. Outings in the evening are fun in summers. Get a good night’s sleep to avoid dark circles.
These eight simple tips can keep you and you family summer proof, and help you enjoy summers to the maximum.